Lift for Life is the signature event of “Uplifting Athletes,” a nonprofit organization created by Penn State Football student-athletes. Their mission is to align college football with rare diseases and recognize them as a national priority. MASH students have joined the effort of the Penn State chapter to raise money and promote awareness for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney cancer. This rare disease has directly affected several staff members at MASH in recent years. Don Shirley, the inspiration behind the Lift for Life initiative, lost his decade long battle with kidney cancer in October, 2006. His death has strengthened our resolve to continue his work. All proceeds raised by the Lift for Life event benefit the Kidney Cancer Association. Since 2003, over $300,000 has been raised for this cause, and as a result, a number of new breakthroughs have been developed in the fight against this deady disease. The Lift for Life competition consists of an eleven-event competition, wherefour-member male or female teams compete. The exercises vary from traditional fitness and lifting activities such as the bench press, to more extreme challenges, such as the giant tire flip. We are inviting you to join us in the fight against kidney cancer.
- Swimming vs. Milton Hershey – Will be held as scheduled, 4:30 p.m. at MASH.
- 9th/JV/Varsity BOYS Basketball at Susquehanna Township: Postponed until Wednesday, January 19, same times.
- 9th/JV Varsity GIRLS Basketball vs. Susquehanna Township: Postponed until Saturday, January 29, times TBA.
- Middle School BOYS Basketball vs. Crossroads: Postponed to TBA.
- Middle School GIRLS Basketball at Crossroads: Postponed to TBA.